windows live messager

sydsnoopy 19:37 16 Feb 09

i have lost my password for windows live i cant sign when i try to change password it says send to altive email address i dont know that any more can any one help what to do urgent thanks

UK Sub 19:53 16 Feb 09

To reset the password by providing location information and the answer to your secret question, follow these steps:

*On any sign-in page of a Windows Live Web site or of a Windows Live service, click Forgot your password?.
*In the Windows Live ID box, type your Windows Live ID.
*In the Characters box, type the characters that you see in the Picture box, and then click Continue.
*Click Use my location information and secret answer to verify my identity.
*In the Question area, type the answer to the question in the Secret Answer box.

Note Select the following options if you are prompted:
Country or region
State
ZIP Code/Postal Code

*Click Continue, type the new password, confirm the new password, and then click Continue.
*If you are prompted for an alternative e-mail address, type the alternative e-mail address, and then click Continue. Or, click Skip to bypass this step.
*In the You've changed your password page, click Sign in to Windows Live.

click here

Terminus90 20:43 16 Feb 09

if you know the answer to your secret question then choose "use my location and secret answer to verify my identity.

If you do not know this information then you are stumped. Looks like you will have to start afresh.

The best way to access hotmail is to sign in to messenger, if you can still do this then you are ok, if you cannot then see above. Next time you will have to get windows to remember your password.

sydsnoopy 21:20 16 Feb 09

i did ask windows to save it but i down loaded the new verson 2009 thats what happened im stump what to do

sydsnoopy 21:37 16 Feb 09

i need help quickly

tullie 13:33 17 Feb 09

Have you tried the suggestions?Have you clicked on the forgot your password link?

sydsnoopy 20:14 17 Feb 09

i have tryed what the peple said because i havnt got the ultate email address i cant do it or chage my password

tullie 20:51 20 Feb 09

I cant understand you,sorry,if you have to,sign up for a new email address.

UK Sub 23:34 20 Feb 09

You don't need your alternate e-mail address to change your password

just

your 'WINDOWS LIVE ID' (the one you used to sign into messenger, Example: [email protected])

and

the answer to your secret question (the web page may/should give you a prompt as to what the answer is, Example: Mums Maiden name).

Don't forget from above
*If you are prompted for an alternative e-mail address, type the alternative e-mail address, and then click Continue. ***OR CLICK SKIP*** to bypass this step.

UK Sub 23:42 20 Feb 09

Sorry I didn't realise that it would come up as a click-able link

I must point out that it is not a real Windows Live ID or email address, just one I used/made as an example.

tullie 22:26 24 Feb 09

Was this resolved?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…