Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs
I changed to Win Live Mail a few weeks ago and the only advantage so far is that downloading Hotmail messages is now a lot faster than via Outlook Express. I certainly don't like the airy fairy look of it (same as I don't like the look of PowerPoint and Word 2007). There are still problems with the following:
1. Sometimes, when wishing to send a message the
'Send/Receive' button fails to appear. I then have to close Live Mail so that the window saying "you
have messages in your outbox, do you wish to send?" appears, to which I respond 'yes'.
2. Pasting from one message into another is sometimes a problem - the copy instruction (Ctrl+C) doesn't always work.
3. Changing font and point size is a bit hit and miss: the recently used fonts don't appear at the top of the font list; typing the first letter of the font name no longer takes you to the start of the fonts with that letter; having highlighted the passage to take the new font and/or point size sometimes only part of the highlighted area is changed. You then have to cut and paste into Word, change the font and/or point size and paste back again - all very tedious;
4. Having sent a message the text is left in the bottom part of the screen even though the outbox is empty. It clears as soon as you go to another mailbox, but why ... ?
5. The 'Sending/receiving' window only appears on the second click on the send/receive button. This might be a good thing, but is it intentional ?
6.The way it handles the address book is strange - in fact indescribable without careful analysis first. It is usable though.
So, am I still on a beta version ? Do I send these comments to MSN ? When do the updates arrive?
And I couldn't transfer to Thunderbird - it won't collect the mail from Windows Live Mail ( presumably only from OE. But the address book came over OK. Luckily I could do a System Restore to 'before Thunderbird' so am back on Live Mail.
Thanks chub_tor, my version is the same as yours. I'll leave this thread open for now to see if anyone else has a comment.
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.