Windows Live Mail - "A Problem has Occurred....."

Wirksrail 17:25 PM 17 Apr 12

I am running Windows Live Mail and Windows 7; and belong to a Newsgroup.Frequently, after reading a number of messages on the Newsgroup I get a message stating "A problem has occurred while trying to open this message. A problem has occurred. Please Try again." Needless to say when I try again I get the same message. Advice please.

northumbria61 21:26 PM 17 Apr 12

It appears that you have a message/messages stuck in All News.

Possible solution - If you are confident at editing the Registry.

I would suggest rebuilding your Quick views by deleting (with WLMail closed) the registry value SearchFolderVersion at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail.

It looks like there's some discrepancy between messages the MessageStore thinks you have and the ones you actually have. Restarting WLMail will take a little longer while the Quick view database is rebuilt.

Wirksrail 19:21 PM 18 Apr 12

Northumbria61 - thanks for your reply. I am not confident about editing the Registry, but I know a man who is, so I shall have words with him. Thanks again.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

New Apple TV 2015 release date rumours: Apple TV 'launching in September' plus patent filed for…