Windows Live mail and problem with category

exdragon 15:47 PM 30 Apr 13
Answered

Hi, I've always had a category set up in WLM for a specific group of people and have been able to email them just using the category name. Until today: I couldn't send the email as a dialogue box instructed me to put a name in the To, cc or bcc box. Obviously, the category name was in the To box.

I deleted the category, thinking there may be a problem, although all the names were listed. I recreated the list, sent one email successfully but another to the same group literally five minutes later brought up the same dialogue box and the only way I could send my email was to select all names individually.

Any idea what's going on, please?

Woolwell 18:05 PM 30 Apr 13

I've come across this problem but now I'm trying to remember how we sorted it.

First step is to check that all the email addresses are valid eg has one recently changed?

Meanwhile I'll try to remember.

Woolwell 18:16 PM 30 Apr 13

Answers Microsoft com. The link is to a thread which has some suggestions. Clearing your browser cache is one. Click on the + to see if the addresses are there.

Woolwell 18:16 PM 30 Apr 13
Answer

Answers Microsoft com. The link is to a thread which has some suggestions. Clearing your browser cache is one. Click on the + to see if the addresses are there.

Woolwell 18:17 PM 30 Apr 13

Sorry about the double post. I had no indication that my first click had worked.

exdragon 18:56 PM 30 Apr 13

Thanks, Woolwell, I've followed the suggestions in that link and will see how we go. I've just tried it with a test group I've set up and that's ok, so fingers crossed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things