windows live mail photo function

Newuser3477 20:34 02 Apr 09

I have the latest version of windows live mail which has a very useful "add photos" function in the new mail window Clicking on it allows selection of photos for attachment and a sidebar allow you to select file sizes and assess download times.A decent sized image also appears in new window message area with features to change appearance frames etc
However when I select "send" an error message as follows appears "Sorry we couldn't uploed photos, recipients will see the small photos shown on this message but they wont have access to high resolution versions of your photos that they can view online or save" I have seen earlier advice on using Picassa 3 but I would like to use this feature in Windows live mail as i spend much of my time with this open already
Please can someone tell me why I cannot send photos using this feature. I am using Windows XP is it possible it only works with Vista
many thanks

isca2 20:39 02 Apr 09

May not be relevant, but are you using MS Internet Explorer or another such as Firefox ?

Newuser3477 21:25 02 Apr 09

I use both Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, the latter is my default setting
Thanks

isca2 21:34 02 Apr 09

Try temporarily setting IE as the default and try sending the photos again and see what happens.

Newuser3477 21:39 02 Apr 09

Have just tried your suggestion however I get same error message as above and photos will not upload.Meanwhile I have also gone through the repair tool for MS live product range. Any more thoughts

woodchip 21:52 02 Apr 09

Its the Mail Server that counts most not a Browser

Newuser3477 22:12 02 Apr 09

my mail server is orange, for outgoing smtp.orangehome.co.uk
could this be the problem, because I can't change it can I
thanks

isca2 09:53 03 Apr 09

I thought you were using Live mail, what used to be hotmail. If so, then your ISP Pop3 & Smtp settings do not have any bearing on the problem. Try Google Mail or Yahoo and see if the problem is the same. Woodchip..I realise this, but anything is worth a try !

Sea Urchin 10:00 03 Apr 09

Windows Live Mail is an email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird etc where pop and smtp are indeed relevant. Not to be confused with the web-based Windows Live Hotmail - although they do have close links.

Newuser3477 10:03 03 Apr 09

Windows live mail is an update of windows mail which replaced outlook express when the vista operating system was introduced and is PC based. windows live hotmail is a different web based programme and I have this but the photo feature only appears in windows live mail and has many useful features if i could upload and send result.
Any more thoughts?

woodchip 13:29 03 Apr 09

Live Mail is basically Outlook Express without the frills

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now