Windows Live Mail nNot Having a Signature Icon

flobby 14:57 PM 03 Feb 13

Hi All, I have upgraded to Windows 8 and have had the usual problems but I have managed to overcome them. When I downloaded Windows Mail Live. ( I have 3 email accounts so I prefer this) It is working fine but when sending a message I cannot insert a signature from the toolbar at the top. It is greyed out so won't let me put one in. Cheers, Flobby

Woolwell 19:33 PM 03 Feb 13

Is this relevant windows live mail signature?

flobby 11:04 AM 04 Feb 13

Thank you Woolwell. I did this but when I went to settings I got a different page to the one in the article. So could not go any further with the instructions. Cheers Flobby

Woolwell 11:36 AM 04 Feb 13

Sorry - I haven't got W8.

Secret-Squirrel 12:57 PM 04 Feb 13

"I cannot insert a signature from the toolbar at the top. It is greyed out...."

The signature button will always be greyed out if you haven't yet created a signature. To do this, click the blue icon top-left to bring up the menu then click Options -> Mail. Click the "Signatures" tab, then click the "New" button and setup your signature. When you're finished the Signature button should now work.

Secret-Squirrel 13:19 PM 04 Feb 13

"but when I went to settings I got a different page to the one in the article."

The author of that webpage seems to be confused and is calling the Windows 8 "Mail" app on the Start screen "Windows Live Mail" - that's incorrect as WLM is the desktop application and that's what I'm assuming you're using.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…