Windows Live Mail - Hotmail Problem

Scrivers 20 Oct 11

Is anybody else experiencing problems with Window Live Mail/Hotmail. I keep getting a message "Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail account ... Server Error: 0x80048849. Server:'https:/mail.services/live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/sync/aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID:0x80040049" This is causing a number of problems especially in sending & receiving mail. Anybody help or shed light on this one?

chub_tor 20 Oct 11

Not finding any trouble with Windows Live Mail myself but might want to try and repair Windows Live Mail Click Here the only error I can see in the text is that Control Panel, Uninstal a Programme gives you the option of Uninstal/Change. If you click on that you will get the Repair option.

Scrivers 20 Oct 11

Thanks chub_tor. I've uninstalled the entire Windows Live Essentials suite of programmes & re-installed from fresh download and I'm still getting the error messages. When I send an email, it goes into the outbox instead of being sent. It then takes forever to send itself, often only after I close and start Windows Mail a few times.

Woolwell 20 Oct 11

What anti-virus are you running? A google search indicates that this is a common snag

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message