Windows Live Mail - Hotmail Problem

Scrivers 15:32 PM 20 Oct 11

Is anybody else experiencing problems with Window Live Mail/Hotmail. I keep getting a message "Unable to send or receive messages for the Hotmail account ... Server Error: 0x80048849. Server:'https:/mail.services/live.com/DeltaSync_v2.0.0/sync/aspx' Windows Live Mail Error ID:0x80040049" This is causing a number of problems especially in sending & receiving mail. Anybody help or shed light on this one?

chub_tor 16:55 PM 20 Oct 11

Not finding any trouble with Windows Live Mail myself but might want to try and repair Windows Live Mail Click Here the only error I can see in the text is that Control Panel, Uninstal a Programme gives you the option of Uninstal/Change. If you click on that you will get the Repair option.

Scrivers 22:40 PM 20 Oct 11

Thanks chub_tor. I've uninstalled the entire Windows Live Essentials suite of programmes & re-installed from fresh download and I'm still getting the error messages. When I send an email, it goes into the outbox instead of being sent. It then takes forever to send itself, often only after I close and start Windows Mail a few times.

Woolwell 22:50 PM 20 Oct 11

What anti-virus are you running? A google search indicates that this is a common snag

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites