windows live mail and gmail issue

Daisy22 13:53 PM 18 Jan 13

My ISP is Orange FR and until a recent shut down of internet activity whilst Orange were performing repairs to the system, gmail worked well in Windows Live Mail.

Now I can't get it to send or receive emails in Live Mail, please can anyone help? My OS is windows 7 and I have 4 accounts in my windows live mail set up, one being the main ISP of Orange.

This is really frustrating so appreciate any advice to help resolve the problem.

Woolwell 14:41 PM 18 Jan 13

This is a long shot but I wonder if Windows Live Mail thinks that you are offline. I take it that IE works ok.

I would suspect a change of Orange France settings but you have 4 accounts. On the safe side checkk each setting again.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:48 PM 18 Jan 13

Gmail settings here

Daisy22 15:56 PM 18 Jan 13

Thanks Fruitbat, I tried to follow the instructions on the link you gave for both IMAP and Pop settings, but I found it confusing as some things it said to do or check weren't available so it was impossible to follow step by step. I'm not having problems with my ISP Orange emails showing in windows live mail, it appears to be gmail only.

Daisy22 19:15 PM 21 Jan 13

Jockie, thank you yes I did try, I can log in to the GMAIL site and check messages via this, but it's just with windows live it won't let me, yet windows live is ok with hotmail and live email.

I tried changing my password to see if that helps but it didn't

Still need help with this

Woolwell 20:34 PM 21 Jan 13

Double check your gmail settings in Windows Live Mail see configure windows live mail for gmail paying attention to para 4.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…