Windows Live Mail Error Message

Border View 22:35 25 Oct 13
Answered

I run with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit and use Windows Live Mail. Recently whenever I click on a link within an e-mail I get the message

This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs control panel.

Can anyone please explain what these means and how do I rectify the problem. Its only started recently and I am unable to follow links.

Woolwell 22:40 25 Oct 13

It means that WLM is no longer recognised as your default email program.

Go to control panel - Programs - Default Programs - Set your Default Programs and then under WLM click on set this program as default.

Border View 23:05 25 Oct 13

Just tried that but I'm afraid it didn't work. Is there anywhere else I can try please.

Border View 23:12 25 Oct 13

When I click on the little blue box (top left)from amongst the drop down list I click on options. I then click on mail and under General it says that This application is the default Mail handler.

Still won't let me click on links without getting the above message.

Border View 23:22 25 Oct 13
Answer

Think I've solved it. Went into Control Panel > Default Programs > Set program access and computer defaults >Custom > Chose Mozilla Firefox as default web browser Clicked OK and so far I am able to click on links and it takes be to web page using Firefox.

Thank you for responding Woolwell. Got there in the end (hopefully)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac