Windows live mail error 0x800CCC61

englishrob 11:16 20 Oct 13

I tried sending an email link via Ebay and since then I cannot send any more mails from my Windows Live. I get the following error message....

An unknown error was returned from the SMTP server.

Subject 'Check out what I found on eBay!' Server Error: 564 Server Response: 564 : We were unable to deliver your message. Please try resending your message by adding some text. Server: 'smtp.tools.sky.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC61 Protocol: SMTP Port: 465 Secure(SSL): Yes

When I close Windows live, another pop up appears saying that there are unsent emails in my outbox and do I want to send them now. Either option makes no difference. I have checked my outbox and it is empty.

Anyone help?

northumbria61 15:30 20 Oct 13

Try this- Go to your Windows Live Mail - Tools - Accounts - select your Account and press Properties. Then go to SERVERS tab and check MY SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION checkbox and press OK. Try sending now.

englishrob 15:58 20 Oct 13

Thanks for replying. It was already checked, but I unchecked and checked it again. Unfortunately it didn't work :(

northumbria61 16:26 20 Oct 13

See if anything here for you enter link description here

englishrob 17:03 20 Oct 13

Great! I followed some of the directions in the link you sent and it worked. Thank you so much!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…