Windows Live Mail-contacts list problem

Grandad99 19:01 18 May 14

Just gone from XP with Outlook Express to Windows 7 with Windows Live Mail.

I make regular use of several contact lists and in OE if one of the contacts was not a valid address I was given the option to delete it, after which the message was sent to everyone else.

Just hit a problem with WLM - it just says "one or more have no or invalid address" and refuses to send the message.

My problem is how can I identify the problem address? All I can think of is to send a separate e-mail to every contact and see which one is rejected. Hopefully someone may know a quicker way

Absolutely no help on any Microsoft site, in fact I can't find one that includes WLM - still stuck on OE.

Woolwell 20:04 18 May 14

WLM is probably stating that one email address is not in the right format or that there is no ; between emails. It cannot know if the email address is incorrect if it is in the right format.

Grandad99 20:28 18 May 14

Possibly, but OE told me which one was wrong. Can WLM do this?

I can't check for a missing ; between e-mails as I use bcc (and WLM stops before getting that far anyway)

Woolwell 20:30 18 May 14

Between email addresses I meant - Sorry. BCC shouldn't make any difference.

lotvic 20:54 18 May 14

Might be something to do with certificates? ClickHere answers.microsoft.com

Grandad99 22:26 18 May 14

Thanks lotvic. I followed this link but the final screen"other people" was empty.

I haven't heard of certificates before - does everyone have one? Are they a feature of WLM?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…