Windows live mail back up help please

Mavro 10:58 28 May 08

Having become totally exasperated by Outlook Express problems I have downloaded ‘Windows Live Mail’ to use instead. I operate on Windows XP. I used to back up my O/E mail by following Microsoft’s advice and backed up the dbx files. It seems I can’t do the same on the new program. Can anyone tell me how to back up my mail from Windows Live Mail please?? Thanks
Mavro

anskyber 11:02 28 May 08

You need to use a back up software program like one of these. click here

Mavro 11:12 28 May 08

Thanks anskyber, there seem to be a lot of programs available...any recommendations? Shame though, it was straight forward (ish) on O/E (and free!!)

Mavro 15:56 28 May 08

There seem to be 2 alternatives...'Static' and 'EZ' backup for WLM.. can anybody guide me as to which would be the best to buy please?
Thanks

J B 16:12 28 May 08

You can store them on your email server if this is any help to you click here=

J.B.

J B 16:15 28 May 08

Forgot to tell you to click on "How my email is stored" in the left hand column. J.B.

Mavro 16:25 28 May 08

Thanks JB, problem is I have an archive of thousands of reports etc etc which are grouped under/in dozens of individual folders. In the past I have lost large amounts of data when OE crashed so I have been backing up to the hard drive and copying to a memory stick as a safeguard. It seems that WLM needs a bought in program to accomplish this. However, I am grateful for any suggestions! Many thanks!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5