Windows Live Mail

Garb 09:47 AM 14 Mar 13

Win 7 home edition 64bit

Probably coinciding with an update to Avast antivirus, windows live mail now takes an age to load and then freezes. When I click to shut it down I get the option to restart and it restarts and everything then seems to be OK. Is this an issue with just Avast or are all free antivirus progs going to give me a similar problem? I thought it might have been some Windows updates but a restore to before the updates also retored to just before the program update for Avast so a bit inconclusive. Reluctant to disable the anti virus whilst running my mail prog.

Garb 10:19 AM 14 Mar 13

Just tried disabling shield control and no difference. Live mail still very slow to load and then stops responding. seems OK after a programme restart. Also Google chrome and IE9 slow to load. Any windows updates likely to have caused this? Have windows updates set to "let me choose wehther to install" but last night updates were installed without my doing anything.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…