windows live mail ?

bobatnorthway 10:07 AM 16 Jun 12

I have a laptop running vista and use outlook express for my emails, no problem. I have acquired a new laptop with windows 7, i am now using windows live mail on the new machine. At the moment I am running both machines as i only receive a small proportion of my emails on windows live mail, where as I receive my normal volume on outlook express. However if I send a message via Windows live mail I receive a response on both, but not viva a versa. Confused ?

Jollyjohn 11:33 AM 16 Jun 12

On your Vista laptop open Outlook Express and go to Tools Account Settings Properties and under the advanced tab there will be a box that says "Leave a copy of message on server" If you put a tick in this box you will receive the message on both laptops.

I think Live Mail puts a tick in this box by default.

Be aware if you leave "Leave a copy of message on server" ticked on BOTH laptops your mailbox on the server will fill up and will cause issues in the future.

bobatnorthway 12:06 PM 16 Jun 12

Brilliant, found it, thanks for your help. Regards Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…