windows live mail

Rhodie 21:21 03 Aug 10

I use XP. Windows live mail is being selective as to which emails it downloads. How can I uninstall live mail then reinstall, assume my live mail program is corrupt

Woolwell 21:45 03 Aug 10

It may not be corrupt. What do you mean by selective?

Rhodie 22:17 03 Aug 10

when I send and receive some of my emails don't download to live mail but when I download my emails to outlook express they are all there. When I select all to delete the emails in live mail a message comes up that live mail is corrupted

Woolwell 22:23 03 Aug 10

Are you using both programs normally as this could explain why only some of then are in Windows Live Mail. If you downloaded to Outlook Express first then unless you have selected for them to remain on the server you will not see them in Live Mail.

However to uninstall see the bottom of this page click here.

Rhodie 22:58 03 Aug 10

I always used live mail but when I checked my emails on webmail some of them hadn't downloaded; hence I started to use Outlook express. My emails stay on the webmail and don't delete once downloaded

Rhodie 23:04 03 Aug 10

I have followed the instructions to remove but all that is listed in add remove programs is :-
windows live essentials
windows live sign in assistant
windows live sync
windows live upload tool
Don't know which ones to remove

birdface 08:22 04 Aug 10

[windows live sync]
I believe if you have pressed that it synchronizes both e-mail addresses and the one you have as default receives most of the e-mails.
I have a windows live and an msn e-mail addresses and receive both with windows live.
I must have pressed synchronize at one time for that to happen.
I would have preferred them separate but I am getting used to it now and it saves me form opening both accounts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…