Windows Live Mail

Newbolt 13:37 30 Dec 09

Despite helpful previous suggestions still unable to migrate emails and contacts held on Outlook from my daughters old laptop [XP, SP3] to the new one [W7, W Live mail]. Approaching the problem from another angle, would it be feasible to download W Live mail from the net to the old computer [would it automatically transfer all the files to Live Mail folders?] to achieve the process of transfer of contacts and emails. And would the answer be the same if the information was held in Outlook Express rather than Outlook? Suggestions would be much appreciated, please.

Andsome 14:04 30 Dec 09

I first tried Windows Live Mail when I was using XP Home, and had no problem importing all my Outlook Express addresses. I was asked during the installation if I wanted to do this. I see no reason why Outlook should be any different. When I installed Windows 7, I had previously exported my Outlook Express addresses to a folder, and had no trouble importing them after the installation.

Newbolt 15:11 30 Dec 09

Thanks Andsome - will try a bit later - probably on my own XP machine first running Outlook Express at present.

Woolwell 15:29 30 Dec 09

This may help click here

Woolwell 15:30 30 Dec 09

Your solution to install Windows Live Mail on the old could well work. I haven't tried it though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5