Windows Live Mail

TonyV 19:47 10 Feb 09

I notice when I start WLM it goes through the exercise of checking for mail. On inspection, it seems to go through a number of folders looking for downloads of mail presumably to put in to those folders. Typical of those folders that are being used are "Sent", "Zone Alarm", "Pay Pal" et al. There were 18 actions it was trying to complete.

Any ideas why this should be, and why would it be some folders rather than all folders?

Thanks

TonyV

Sea Urchin 21:48 10 Feb 09

If you have "Send and Receive Messages at StartUp" ticked as an option then any messages waiting in your Outbox will be sent, and your email server/s will be checked and any messages loaded into your Inbox. The other standard folders are Drafts, Sent, Junk and Deleted, but these are not really affected by starting WLM.

Folders such as Zone Alarm and PayPal etc must have been set up by the user(yourself?) - they would presumably be used as Inboxes to filter incoming mail. The Sent folder keeps a copy of all emails that have been sent.

TonyV 00:03 11 Feb 09

I'm not sure when these extra folders got set up because I only use them as file folders to keep any mail I have posted or received so that I know where they are when I need them. As far as the Pay Pal one is concerned I haven't had a folder for that for ages. I gave up using PayPal when money was taken and the result was worse than modern day bankers!. They weren't used as separate folders, only as "storage" folders.

How can I stop them being used like that? Can the offending folders be removed by just deleting them from my mail folders?

Thanks

TonyV

TonyV 14:44 11 Feb 09

I have taken all the offending folders off my Hotmail account and left just the "inbox, sent, junk, drafts and deleted" folders. This has stopped it going through all those other folders for e mails. I have already downloaded them to my Hotmail account in the Windows Live Mail system, so don't need them in the Hotmail account as well.

I will now close this one out.

TonyV

TonyV 15:21 11 Feb 09

One final little snippet, I have been in to the properties of my Hotmail account in WLM and unchecked the "Include this account when receiving mail or synchronising." Now it doesn't even look at that account and only looks at those accounts I have the above facility checked. This happens to suit me fine because I only use the Hotmail account for certain things and it works fine for me to just check mail manually.

WLM no does what I want better than OE6.

Cheers

TonyV

TonyV 16:49 11 Feb 09

Even WLM now....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac