Windows Live Mail 2011

hawthorn59 02:22 11 Oct 10

Hi

I've just got the newer version of WLM, 2011 (?. Has anyone who uses it got a way of making the toolbar across the top smaller, its almost 1 inch in depth.

Also it appears to be much changed, with many more options, icons tools and commands, way too many I feel. Just like in Word 2007 which I find confusing!
Whay do they think they're making things easier then they're doing the opposite!? :-(

h

kristain 06:15 11 Oct 10

microsoft products are always much user friendly.. though they change the interface but once you go through the whole application it's make you easy to work and you will enjoy the newer version. There are various resources available on web to get the help. click here for help from the official website of microsoft.

ferbctg 10:21 11 Oct 10

Well, I tried Outlook 2010 but I have never heard about Windows Live Mail 2011. Which functions are these two apps different?

hawthorn59 16:19 11 Oct 10

Windows Live Mail is part of Windows Live Essentials, a free download. Its sort of a follow on from Outlook Express to Windows Mail and now in Windows 7 its called Windows Live Mail.

In fairness its very good, at least it serves my purpose. Just the latest version has a lot more options which appears a bit confusing, at least in the beginning.

I presume Outlook is a bit more advanced, Im not sure. As I never used Outlook, Im quite happy with Windows Live Mail.

h

Woolwell 16:21 11 Oct 10

Outlook is part of MS Office and has more features.

Woolwell 17:45 11 Oct 10

Right click on the ribbon and click on minimize the ribbon. If you don't like it like that then right click again and unselect minimize.

gazzaho 18:21 11 Oct 10

If you mean get rid of the ribbon, just right click on a tab and select minimize the ribbon.

ferbctg 11:41 15 Oct 10

Well, thanks for your all explanation here. I will try it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017