Windows Live Installation problem! Genius required

julius44 19:06 10 Jan 09

Hello there, and happy new year to everyone, i'm back in the lovely PCA forum today, and i'm looking for a GENIUS that can help me with a problem that even the peeps at Microsoft have NOT been able to help me with....As i'm really desperate for help with a problem that has been going on since end of october last year. Firstly i have a dell pentium 4, desktop pc that has 2GB memory and 160gb hard drive, its windows xp SP3 and i use Kaspersky 2009 internet security. 1 day towards end of october, i downloaded windows live beta to my desktop, and it all went downhill from there, anyway to cut a long story short when i now try and download the windows live services suite e.g. messenger, pics, etc....when my download get to 100% it starts rolling back to 0% so i'm stuck. the microsoft people said they get back to me, but this was before xmas, nothing till now, ive emailed them again. I have friends and family all over the world, that i normally speak to on windows live messenger, so i have to use a friends laptop/desktop whenever i can. I have pics of the problem if u wish for me to post them, thats fine. I do not want this problem to drag long into 2009. as i said before when i'm downloading the WInstaller file....the appliactions begin to download, from 0-100 percent, but then it begins to rollback to 0 percent!!! I hope i'm making sense to any geniuses out there!!!

MAT ALAN 19:12 10 Jan 09

click here

have you tried this...

Technotiger 19:14 10 Jan 09

What efforts have you made so far to fix this problem?

MAJ 19:20 10 Jan 09

"....the appliactions begin to download, from 0-100 percent, but then it begins to rollback to 0 percent!!!"

I've seen that happening if all required components aren't installed, like MS .NET Framework for example. click here

julius44 19:37 10 Jan 09

hello there, ive tried to install the windows installer in the past, but i get a VB runtime error message, and i cant go any further. ive also removed any prev persions of WLinstaller from my pc, as Microsoft emailed me some things to do, they also said they wanted copies of my log files which i mealed to them as well. i dont think theres anything that i have not tried to do.....i'm still baffled as to WHY this is happening.

julius44 19:39 10 Jan 09

I also have the latest versions of the MS. net framework, becos it says i already have the latest version!!! and it wouldnt allow mw to install again!!

julius44 20:19 10 Jan 09

Hi there, anyone with any solutions please??

Technotiger 20:43 10 Jan 09

Two things you could try - 1st run click here - 2nd un-install again using click here during the uninstall you will be asked if you want to re-start your PC, at this point DO NOT restart. Let Revo continue, when you get the option to Delete All and Delete, DO SO. After clicking on Finish, re-start your PC.

Then try installing Windows Live again.

Technotiger 20:45 10 Jan 09

Redownload from click here

julius44 21:55 10 Jan 09

Hello Again, ive tried to download it again from the link, but the same problem again, it ROLLS BACK FROM 100% TO 0 PERCENT. Alos the following error message came up: A network error occured while attempting to read from the file C:\WINDOWS\INSTALLER\MESSENGER.MSI

please close all open programs and then try again. It looks like another program is preventing the installer from working hr: 0x80070643

If anyone wants i can show u all images of the error messages as i had to save the on my desktop and send the images for microsoft for them to see. they got all the info before xmas. I just need to get messenger to WORK thats all

Technotiger 22:55 10 Jan 09

Did you use the programs in my other two links? - the object of suggesting these was to clean-up your hard drive ready for the re-installation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…