Windows live hotmail email alerts

FatboySlim71 09:38 05 Sep 07

I was wondering if it is possible to receive a notification to a new email without having to log into my Windows live hotmail account, for example I have another email account so maybe having a notication sent to there. I understand that it is possible with Windows live hotmail to have alerts sent to your mobile phone, but I am unsure if I would be charged to receive these alerts by my mobile provider (O 2

But basically, I was wondering if it is possible to receive a notification to a new email without having to log into my Windows live hotmail account

johnnyrocker 10:30 05 Sep 07

mailwasher click here

johnny.

FatboySlim71 10:34 05 Sep 07

So to clarify Johnnyrocker, the mailwasher program should do what I have mentioned above.

johnnyrocker 10:39 05 Sep 07

you will get whatever type of audible warning of a new mail you wish on your pc, it also serves as a good method of spam filtering.

johnny.

FatboySlim71 10:41 05 Sep 07

Thanks very much for the help johnny, its much appreciated.

Meshuga 12:48 05 Sep 07

FatboySlim71. ePrompter will do the same thing. Its free and easily set up for more than one email account. click here

FatboySlim71 17:10 05 Sep 07

Thanks Meshuga I will give it a try; thanks very much for the help.

FatboySlim71 21:29 05 Sep 07

I tried the program Meshuga, however, I can set it up ok to notify me of new emails for my AOL account, but when I try to set up my Windows Live Hotmail, I receive no notifications and eprompter shows when I check the status for this account that,

There was a problem retrieving mail for this account.

I wondered Meshuga, if you have eprompter set up for Windows Live Hotmail and if so am I doing something wrong. Any help would be much appreciated.

ste76 23:16 05 Sep 07

Eprompter did have a problem recently with Hotmail because Microsoft changed something. But Eprompter have fixed this issue today with version SR105.

FatboySlim71 23:19 05 Sep 07

Thanks for that ste76.

johnnyrocker 23:20 05 Sep 07

still reckon mailwasher would have been best bet.

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant