Windows Live Hotmail

scolley 00:03 02 Jun 07

Hi
There everyone has any of you, got this and used it if so is it worth moving from msn hot mail, and if i do how do i get to my email, i have heard rumours that any one useing your pc can get to your mail, by typing in your broswer, mail live .com or www, live .com ? do you know if any of this is true or is it ok,
Scolley

eedcam 08:42 02 Jun 07

I used it for a while but it was crap nothing but problems .Kept on to them but as always it's the users PC. Went back to the old system

scolley 20:31 02 Jun 07

Hi
eedcam thanks for your oppinion, i wonder if any one else as thoughts on this subject as im still open minded, its how you get to this mail, that is bothering me, from what i have heard,
Scolley

DJ Techz 20:49 02 Jun 07

Hi

Windows Live Hotmail is really good!
All you have to do is type mail.live.com in your browser or you can just go to the normal hotmail sign-in.
You could try it and if you don't like it you can easily go back to MSN Hotmail from the options menu

rdave13 20:56 02 Jun 07

I like the live Hotmail but sometimes gets it wrong as it warned me that an email from Dell was high risk. It's new and maybe has some teething problems. I'll stick with it though.

martan 21:00 02 Jun 07

hi
i use live hotmail everyday and have never had a problem with it both myself and my wife use it to keep in contact with our family and friends in the uk and abroad martan

scolley 21:12 02 Jun 07

hi
DJ Ryan/ Rdave13/ and Martan, is there any truth in the rumour that like DJRyan says above and i have heard that once typed in your broswer any one can get to your mail on your PC,a friend of mine says so, but, shes not very good on them same as me, i know if i type in live .com i can get to my msn, ? dont know why,

scolley 21:29 02 Jun 07

Just typed it in my broswer and it lets me get to my mail with out asking my password how and why, ? surely this is not safe,
Scolley

rdave13 22:15 02 Jun 07

Just typed live.com in Opera and get the Live search window. With mail.live .com I get the log on screen.

rdave13 22:22 02 Jun 07

Using IE7 if I type mail .live.com then I go direct to my account but only if you have saved your password in MSN. Not a good idea. I always save my email but never a password.
With typing live .com in IE7 I get the Live search page.

scolley 22:30 02 Jun 07

Hi Rdave13 i have not saved my password in msn but if i type in IE7 i get my email address and my picture a scotter and just click sign in and it takes me to my mail, ?? how can i change this to make it safe please,
Scolley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…