Windows Live Beta problems - Mail & Messenger

BryanR 17:13 29 Dec 08

Hoping someone can help. Since running a Windows update a few weeks ago, I've had problems with both Windows Live Messenger Beta and Windows Live Mail Beta.
When attempting to run Messenger, I get the following error code: 80004002; and the message which appears states that "Signing in to Windows Live Messenger Beta failed because the service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

With Windows Live Mail Beta, the error code is similar (0x80004002); and the message which appears is as follows: "Windows Live Mail could not be started. Closing Windows Live Mail. Your calendar contains corrupt data that is forcing Windows Live Mail to close."

I've found a few suggestions online, have tried reverting to a Restore Point (using System Restore), renaming the Calendar file within my 'AppData' folder. Neither seem to have worked. Struggling to find any assistance on the MS site, but as I'm running the Beta version I wouldn't expect to.

Any help gratefully appreciated.
Bryan

RickyC :-) 17:23 29 Dec 08

I've moved your thread from the Vista forum to the Helproom.

regards
Richard
Software Editor

Matata 17:49 29 Dec 08

i have been using messenger (recently upgraded to the beta version) for the last 7 years without problems. I now have excactly the same problem as BrianR. I have uninstalled and tried to download the new versian as advised,but no luck.
I am running XP.
Can anybody help please ?
Matata

BryanR 14:34 06 Jan 09

Does anyone have any suggestions for this problem we're encountering?

TIA
Bryan

Linden460 13:29 23 Aug 10

Hi, Did this ever get resolved as I'm having the same problem with the error message below...

"Windows Live Mail could not be started. Closing Windows Live Mail. Your calendar contains corrupt data that is forcing Windows Live Mail to close. (0x80004002)"

Regards
Dennis

Linden460 13:30 23 Aug 10

P.S. I'm running Windows 7

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…