Windows Key

peterleemaxwell 20:32 03 May 05

How can I 'see' my activation key on my second hand Sony laptop. I have the rescue disk but the previous owner never wrote it down. Thanks.

stalion 20:34 03 May 05
  Diodorus Siculus 20:35 03 May 05

Try the JellyBean! click here

TomJerry 20:35 03 May 05
  stalion 20:36 03 May 05
  peterleemaxwell 20:42 03 May 05

Thanks guys. So quick! This is the best forum on the web.

stalion 20:43 03 May 05

your right

QuickHare 20:47 03 May 05

May I ask what you may need the activation code for? The Activation Code is issued by Microsoft to activate Windows XP to allow it to be used past its 30 day trial period. After this code is used, the Windows system is pacified and it lets you use it. The CD Key is needed each time you install Windows, and the activation code can be obtained from Microsoft should you need it again.

I may be slightly wrong on this. Can anyone correct me or tell me this is right?

peterleemaxwell 20:56 03 May 05

Hi 'QuickHare',
I needed the code for downloading a Microsoft programme called 'Photo Story 3'. It would not let me proceed without filling in the code into a 'box'.

DieSse 22:41 03 May 05

"It would not let me proceed without filling in the code into a 'box'."

I just downloaded this without having to fill in the code. If you have a genuine XP installation, it will offer to download a verification program, which does the job for you - try again.

bretsky 23:06 03 May 05

I had the same problem, I just entered the manufacturer and location which in my case is Dell and United Kingdom and it confirmed my XP o/s,and so was able to do the download, I think this is the way it is going now with $M/S every download will need verification that you have a genuine copy of your o/s and not a pirated one.

bretsky ;0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…