Windows keeps telling me my version of windows is not Genuine

nutty norm 16:02 PM 06 Feb 13

Microsoft keeps telling me this version i have windows 7 is not genuine, what shall i do Nutty norm, do you think i should take it back to the shop which i got it from and tell them what is happen in

Chronos the 2nd 16:28 PM 06 Feb 13

I assume you are talking about Windows 7,you could try activating via the internet and if that fails use the automated phone system. You will get the choice of whether to activate via phone if you go that route,pick county UK you will get a freephone number then just follow the instructions.

I have had it happen to me with a disk I got direct from Microsoft so unless there is a good chance you were sold a fake,this crap happens and doing the phone activation should sort it.

john bunyan 16:49 PM 06 Feb 13

I had a similar problem a few months ago, with a retail disc installed 18 months before. Did as Chronos 2 and Jock 1e said, and MS sorted it by phone.I think it happened due to an update..

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…