Windows Journal Viewer problem

Moominpapa 16:53 09 Oct 03

I'm just gone to XP (with a new computer to boot) and attempted to download Acrobat 6.0. Acrobat appears to download OK and install itself, but when I try open it, I get an error message from Journal Viewer that it needs a file called "microsoft windows journal viewer.msi". I then get stuck in a death loop that can only be resolved by switching off. I don't have the file and it doesn't appear to be on my installation disks (which are all over-the-counter and registered etc, by the way). Can anyone help out?

PSF 16:56 09 Oct 03

Have you run run Windows update as there was an update for Windows Journal Viewer.

Moominpapa 16:37 17 Oct 03

I've just found out that this is a "fairly well known problem" with Acrobat 6 and Journal Viewer. The solution is to uninstall Journal Viewer! Thanks PSF

XP Nerd 14:17 07 Dec 04

I have had exactly the same experience, as Moominpapa. As I am trying to use Adobe Reader 6.0 to read some oldish .pdf files, I took the decision to de-install Adobe Reader 6.0, and try to install Reader 5 instead, but now I can't find a copy; pdffactory.com can't help, and although one is shown on the Adobe web-site as a free download, I have not been able to download it; (in spite of what they say, perhaps its not freeware)XP Nerd still in the dark!

bretsky 15:19 07 Dec 04

Read this thread click here

bretsky :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…