Windows Internet Explorer - Error Message

CDL 23:34 27 Jan 07

I have started to get a cascade of 9 error messages,all the same :

Cannot find 'click here'. Make sure the path or internet address is correct.

I can OK them/click the X and they go away but within seconds they are back !

They occur whether I am connected to the internet or not. It is not a site that I have tried to connect to.
Any suggestions please ?

terryf 23:40 27 Jan 07

Try sfc /scannow

CDL 23:53 27 Jan 07

Thanks terryf but that's made no difference.

CDL 14:55 28 Jan 07

Any other suggestions ?

birdface 15:12 28 Jan 07

{Cannot find click here.}Tried to open it and was advised by Mcafee Site Manager Not to open,Gave the red warning , So if you have downloaded anything from that site you may have Picked up a nasty,My suggestion is that you run all your Anti-Virus + Anti-Spyware programs and see if you can find any thing on your computer,

CDL 15:17 28 Jan 07

OK buteman Thanks I'll do that.

birdface 09:36 29 Jan 07

Hi,Any joy with the scans,Or do you still have the same problem.

CDL 11:58 29 Jan 07

Hi buteman ! I've tried all the 'usual' scans etc etc but unfortunately the problem still hasn't gone away !I'm messing about with the processes now in task manager but so far no further forward.

birdface 12:51 29 Jan 07

I take it they only appear at start up,Have a look at your start up programs,Start.run, Type msconfig.Look in the start up part,See if there is anything there that should not be there,Any that you are not sure of,Untick them one at a time,Reboot computer,and if you still have the same problem put the tick back and try the next one, and so on,Have a look at your quick launch make sure that there is nothing showing that you did not allow yourself.Maybe someone will come up with another solution,But worth having a look anyway.

CDL 13:10 29 Jan 07

No; they appear all the time ! If I cancel or close them they all reappear within about 20 seconds. They just sit there under anything else and don't appear to cause any problems - just the fact that I can't permanently get rid of them! There must be a deletable registry entry ? But why have they started to appear in the first place !

birdface 13:26 29 Jan 07

Have you tried running C Cleaner,Might get rid of them,Or have you ran Check Disc,Takes a while but might find any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac