Windows Installion

Robotic_Rob 21:29 29 May 07

Hey,

Is there any tricks to installing a perfect version of windows?
Ive only tried to reinstall XP twice.
The first time, i kept getting program errors and i had to close the program i was using.
The second time, it kept forgetting things like login details (when i clicked to save them) and playlists in windows media player.

I know there isnt anything with my copy of XP installion disc.

Cheers

Rob

howard64 21:42 29 May 07

I normally format the drive before doing a clean install.

Robotic_Rob 21:45 29 May 07

Thats what ive done both times. A proper format that takes god knows how long to do.

mocha 22:25 29 May 07

How old is your Computer? What are your computer specs. Have you done a memory check, use a dos based memory checker click here

Robotic_Rob 22:39 29 May 07

Computer is a couple of years old.

P4 2.8 HT
Abit IC7 - Max3
2x 120GB HDD's
1x 160GB HDD
1x 80GB HDD
Geforce 4 4200Ti
1GB DDR Ram (I think unbranded, i cant see a name on it)
Pioneer DVD/CD writer/reader

Strawballs 23:37 29 May 07

That should run XP with no problem.

click here

Robotic_Rob 23:40 29 May 07

The strange thing is that a couple of people can put a clean copy on to my machine and it doesnt have any problems. So i dont understand why it doesnt work for me, lol.

Robotic_Rob 23:58 30 May 07

Ive just tried to install windows again and everything appears to be going well. :s (touching alot of wood and crossing fingers)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple