Windows Installer problems after upgrading to XP

edwagara 10:34 01 Mar 03

I have upgraded my OS from Win98 to XP Home Edition & I have several problems. I cannot install my new Office XP software or software for my Ipod & I cannot uninstall software. I keep receiving the following error message:
The Windows Istaller Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.
I have tried restoring back to 98 & then reinstalling XP, but the same thing happens.
Can anybody help?
Thanks in advance.

Lozzy 12:35 01 Mar 03

Did you upgrade or did you do a Full installation of XP?

If upgrade then carry out a full Installation and alter the file system to NTFS. This will cure your issue and also avoid many others.

edwagara 15:58 03 Mar 03

Thanks Lozzy. I did a complete new full Installation & changed file system to NTFS & I can now install other software. However, I can see all my previously installed software on Windows Explorer, but cannot get the Program Files to appear on the start menu. I cannot find appropriate box to tick to get it to appear. Any help??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…