Windows Installer Problem

wotan 14:41 19 Dec 06

Hi, I have recently encountered a problem when using the program Registry Mechanic. The problem is that every time I start Reg. Mechanic the Windows Installer Wizard kicks in and starts to load Office 2001 Premium. I have tried un-installing both programs but this fault still persists. I have even used system restore to try and sort it out, as the problem appeared after I had compacted my registry files whilst using Reg. Mechanic, this had no effect either. Both programs are running o.k. but it is irritating to have to continually cancel the attempted installation before I can run Reg.mechanic.
I am using Windows XP Home as operating system and have encountered no other problems with these programs until now

anskyber 14:56 19 Dec 06

Try resetting optimisation changes to take you back to pre compaction?

degssie 15:24 19 Dec 06

I have the same problem on certain websites. I am also having problems trying to load programs off Microsoft website, I get a "runtime error" and the installation is cancelled. Are these related?

wotan 10:59 21 Dec 06

Hi anskyber,
I tried resetting the optimisation but the problem still persists. What I cannot understand is how can selecting one program start an entirely un-connected sequence running. I have looked at both program contents and can find no trace of either Windows Installer or Office 2001 premium in the Reg. Mechanics file so I don't understand how it is kicking in when I run Reg. Mechanics.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced