Windows installer pop-up box

crespo 03:48 14 Nov 06

Hey all! Crespo again.When i have a problem i make sure i get my money's worth! While waiting for my internet connection - dial-up - to do the biz this annoying pop-up appears:
Windows installer, preparing to instal and a timer of about a minute. I have genuine Windows XP home Edition installed over a year ago - no problems. the only thing i've installed recently is AVG Free anti-virus to replace my norton whose subscription expired. A subsequent scan revealed all-clear.
Anyone out there with any ideas? As always, any help will be v. appreciated.Cheers.C.

Ive 09:55 14 Nov 06

You will find it is something left over from norton cos I had the same after I uninstalled norton via there online removal program and I tried for days to get rid of that box popping up.In the end I phoned Microsoft and they agreed to help me get rid free of charge as the box was saying Windows installer (normaly they would charge about £40 odd quid.)They spent about 45 mins on the phone with me sorting the problem and I have not had any more probs.

Strawballs 10:14 14 Nov 06

Did you remove Norton using their online uninstaller?
click here

Ive 10:23 14 Nov 06

Strawballs.I removed with online when I did my main pc which created this same problem.So when I removed Norton from my son and daughters laptops I did it via add remove in control panel and did not get the problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…