Windows installer not working...

martjc 10:36 21 Feb 10

...Am using Vista 64bit with general software - no hi tech games. Any time I try to install or uninstall I get a message that the installer is not working/may need to be reinstalled.

How do you install the installer when you need the installer installed to do so?

Have tried using a Microsoft 'professional' to no avail.

I considered upgrading to Win 7 but the upgrade advisor - you guessed it - would not install.

Hheellpp.

birdface 10:40 21 Feb 10

This works in XP and Vista but whether on the 64 bit version I am not sure.maybe give it a good read first.

click here

awest3 10:58 21 Feb 10

Might just be that the windows installer service is stopped or set to manual and not starting when required..

To Check go to start, click on run type 'services.msc' and hit enter...

from the resulting list, check that windows installer is running..if not double click it, change to automatic and click start...once its started try running your install again.

martjc 18:55 21 Feb 10

...it is running in fact I've configured it in each way available - no different.

buteman...
...I've tried to download each of the files in turn. Am told that none of them applies to my system!

martjc 20:05 21 Feb 10

bump

birdface 23:10 21 Feb 10

Maybe try it from here.

click here

Googled.

click here=

martjc 20:01 22 Feb 10

...still no go!...just get the message 'this file is not for your system.' Am starting to be1ieve there is a vrus or whatever causing ructions.
Will just do a deep virus scan for tonight.
Thanks for your effort!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…