windows installer is not installed

Sparkly 19:51 22 Dec 08

windows installer is not installed wont let me install the printer????

Hi all can anyone help with this i have installed an HP Photsmart C5180 all in one printer via ethernet cable to the router and works fine (vista) the second pc on the network is XP home and each time i try to install it, it gets so far then stops telling me that the windows installer is not installed and the installation stops and uninstalls itself again. I have ran all updates and tried to install it in safe mode but with the same outcome,it has prieviously work fine it has just been sent back to me after it broke down, i had uninstalled the software whilst useing another printer a Kodack this seemed to all happen after i uninstalled the Kodack printer when i got the HP Photsmart C5180 back any ideas on this would be welcome.

johndrew 20:02 22 Dec 08

Try this click here

Sparkly 20:17 22 Dec 08

Hi johndrew thanks for the swift reply your link is very helpful Method 2 seems the easier option rather than going into the registry will give this a try over the holidy period and get back to you. Many thanks and have a merry xmas.

Sparkly 06:41 25 Dec 08

Hi johndrew followed everything in your link but the service would not resrart even when i went into services and clicked start the service it refused to start but all is not lost i ran Dial a Fix and im up and running again and the printer is working. Many thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017