Windows installer - irritating message

Super Frankie Lamps 20:44 26 Jun 06

every time i turn on my pc i get the message "Norton antivirus 2005 does not support the Repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall"

If i click ok this message will appear a further 2 times, and whilst it doesn't apparently effect the working of my pc. it is a little annoying. My Norton was upgraded as a download so i don't have a disk to reinstall it. Any ideas on how to remove this message please?

Jackcoms 20:46 26 Jun 06

Yes, un-install NAV and get a decent free AV program such as click here

Super Frankie Lamps 20:47 26 Jun 06

sorry, just noticed i also get another message that was hidden behind the norton one. it comes up first and reads "please wait while windows configures norton antivirus 2005"

Super Frankie Lamps 20:48 26 Jun 06

thanks but as i have paid for NAV i was hoping for a little useful help as to how to sort out this problem and keep norton

Jackcoms 20:54 26 Jun 06

My advice was helpful.

However, as you've already wasted your money on buying an AV program when there are plenty of free ones click here

Diversion 21:09 26 Jun 06

You could download the latest edition from Symantec seen as you have paid for it save it as a file, then uninstall the corrupt version and install the new version and it should have any updates included in the downloaded file.

Super Frankie Lamps 21:10 26 Jun 06

thanks for the second bit of advice Jackcoms - worked first time, problem solved. cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…