Windows Installer incorrect Command Parameters

jackal 01:20 14 May 04

When trying to install an update for my Nero 5.5(with Nero 6 Demo) I get an error message:- Windows Istaller, Incorrect command Line Parameters, V2.00.26.00.0 and am unable to complete the install. I have Windows XP Pro, anyone know where I can get Windows Installer for XP Pro, is the Installer the same one as for NT & 2000?

Stuartli 09:46 14 May 04

What you need is InstMsiA.exe from the Microsoft website.

You can configure settings for software installation by users (if you are the administrator) in Group Policy.

Keying in Group Policy or Windows Installer in Help and Support will bring up details of the configuration.

jackal 19:36 14 May 04

Stuartli

Thanks for the info. I don't understand the bit about configuring the setting s for software installation. I only us ethe pc at home and not for business and I am not part of a group, do I still have to configure the settings? Is it a good idea to check to see whether i am logged on as Administrator or other and where? (would that be under control panel and users?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…