Windows Installer faliure

scope69 19:18 12 Jun 07

Recently i logged onto my computer and found that i was unable to install or uninstall any programs that used windows installer. The error message 'the windows installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running windows in safe mode, or if the windows installer is not correctly installed.'
As i was not running in safe mode i asume that windows installer isn't correctly installed on my pc.

any ideas on how to repair this problem?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:22 12 Jun 07

try a repair
Repair XP by replacing corrupt files
Type

sfc /scannow

in the run box, press enter and let system file checker find and replace missing / corrupt file in windows and explorer.This will take awhile to complete and you may be asked for the CD to be in the drive if windows is not preinstalled on the hard drive.

sfc /scannow problems
click here
installer update
click here

scope69 18:49 13 Jun 07

having tried this, i unfortunatly got no further than typing in 'sfc / scannow' and a black box flashing on the screen for about half a second.

scope69 18:51 13 Jun 07

as nothing happened i tried again on the other computer i have access to and that worked fine. really frustrating! any idea why that didn't work?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…