Windows Installer CleanUp Utility

provider 2 12:16 15 Jan 07

Does anyone have any experience of using this utility? click here I`m hoping to use it to stop Msinstaller tring to load "FAX" every time I switch on my HP 1410 printer(all-in-one). It persists in searching for a file that does not exist.

VoG II 12:21 15 Jan 07

I've used it successfully to overcome problems with an Office installation but I'm not sure if it will help with your problem.

birdface 12:31 15 Jan 07

I agree with Vog, Dont think it will shift it,But you can always try.

provider 2 12:34 15 Jan 07

Thanks VoG. It`s more an irritation than anything else since I can press the cancel button and the print program seems to load successfully anyway. Still, it shouldn`t be happening after an uninstall and reinstall of the printer software, should it? However, the warning "caution is advised" with this utility has made me hesitate to use it.

provider 2 12:41 15 Jan 07

`Morning buteman. HP help and support has pointed me towards a multistage uninstall routine which makes me think their own uninstall(which comes with the software disc) may not be too effective.

birdface 12:43 15 Jan 07

You could delete your all in one printer from add remove,Then run Clean Up or C Cleaner,If your All in one is a lexmark, It probably has a fax program with it,I know mine does, then you would have to reinstall your printer again.

provider 2 12:58 15 Jan 07

Can`t help thinking it might be a registry error, but I have successfully run sfc /scannow, and that seems to be OK.

VoG II 13:01 15 Jan 07

SFC won't detect or repair registry errors. Try click here

provider 2 15:14 15 Jan 07

Hesitating over this one too, VoG. Have you seen this?click here

VoG II 15:17 15 Jan 07

Yes but you could give the free one a go.

provider 2 15:23 15 Jan 07

Could do, but my problem is I`don`t have the knowledge or skill to fix things should I encounter the kind of horrendous problems these users have reported.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…