windows installer

morecambe 11:46 AM 23 Jul 11

im using xp pro @ trying to download avg but everytime i try to download for this site i get a message sayng------ windows installer could not be accessed context msi failed am able to download other things ?

birdface 12:49 PM 23 Jul 11

If you can download other things I would give Malwarebytes a run to see if it finds any problems.

Or maybe install this and see if that works.

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=8483

birdface 12:54 PM 23 Jul 11

Worth a read through if none of the above works.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2438651#reso1

northumbria61 15:06 PM 23 Jul 11

Go to Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services - scroll down to find Windows Installer - make sure it is running - if not set it to Automatic and restart the service.

morecambe 15:14 PM 24 Jul 11

opened admin tools/services it was turned off, turned it on but next day went to download @ still could not find installer so rechecked services @ it apeares to have gone compleatly off the list of items is no longer there ?

northumbria61 21:14 PM 24 Jul 11

Open Command Prompt and run sfc/ scannow to check your files

northumbria61 21:29 PM 24 Jul 11

Also have a read here link text and make sure you have the latest Service Pack installed - SP3

rdave13 21:41 PM 24 Jul 11

Sounds to me that you may have malware. Use another computer to download SAS portable to a flash drive. Disconnect your PC from internet and start in safe mode. Run the scanner. See what it lists.

rdave13 21:44 PM 24 Jul 11

Once you clear the bug then the latest installer is, here

rdave13 21:50 PM 24 Jul 11

If SAS portable doesn't resolve it you might have a rootkit infection.

Sophos. Also run in safe mode without internet connection.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…