windows installer

mothercranky 21:54 10 Feb 09

hi again guys

new problem this time - every time i try to click on a link, or repeatedly when i start my computer i get a pop up box that says starting windows installer.
it wont cancel - keeps coming back over and over, when i leave it to see what happens...........nothing happens it just sits there!
i have tried looking for it to remove it, thought i had done but then couldnt connect to internet so did system restore and its back

also have yahoo messenger every time i start up and have tried removing that too but i cant!

provider 2 23:02 10 Feb 09

This probably due to an orphaned registry key and this box will keep coming up until the key (or sub-key) is removed.

Windows Installer Clean-Up Utility will remove it for you but take care not to have it delete anything else but the prog you want to get rid of:click here

(Full instructions included.)

mothercranky 08:00 11 Feb 09

hi
i downloaded this but now i have a big list of things to remove and am not sure which is the culprit. should i remove all?

provider 2 10:52 11 Feb 09

Certainly not!

Err on the side of caution with this tool. Think of the things you see listed as start-up instructions for the programs that Windows Installer has installed on your pc and deleting them will mean you will have to uninstall, then install them all again.

Look carefully in the list, then select the one that`s causing the problem (ie the prog referred to in the box that keeps popping up) and have WIC-UU remove ONLY that.

mothercranky 18:45 11 Feb 09

odear
well it doesnt say anything in the box, thats the trouble.
just says "preparing to install..."

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…