Windows Installer

diesel1948 00:29 26 Jan 09

Everytime I boot my pc I get a message headed Windows Installer and preparing to install. Not a major problem just a b--- ache. Anyone know how to stop this? Recently I installed I Tunes and before that free open office. I have since removed open office to see if it solved the problem but it did not. Grateful for any advice. Diesel

ambra4 00:39 26 Jan 09

Let it run as one of your program/driver is not installed correct; and windows is trying to

reinstall it

diesel1948 10:36 26 Jan 09

I do let it run, it runs for around 30 seconds then just goes off. It does it each time i boot my computer. Any further ideas?

Diesel

rawprawn 11:12 26 Jan 09

Have a look click here

diesel1948 20:58 26 Jan 09

checked it out rawprawn and installed Windows Installer 4.5 still getting the message, preparing to install everytime I start computer. Not a major problem though, just have to put up with it.

provider 2 22:32 26 Jan 09

Windows Installer Clean-up Utility should stop this malfunction:

click here

diesel1948 11:08 27 Jan 09

Provider 2 I installed this and deleted a few odds and ends. However, when I restarted the computer, it still came up with a box headed Windows Installer, installing programme, it runs for about 30 seconds then disappears. Not a serious problem I know but just wondered what was causing it. Anymore ideas? Thank you for your advice.

diesel1948 11:18 27 Jan 09

Provider, Actually it says in the box headed windows installer, preparing to install, then looks like it is installing something. Then another box pops up again and it is the same as first box, and seems to be trying to install something. Then it disappears and all back to normal.

provider 2 13:09 27 Jan 09

Quite a long list of alternatives for you read through:

click here

diesel1948 13:32 27 Jan 09

Thanks, did Number 4 first then 1, still coming up with message but loaded and disappeared a lot quicker. So thats good.

provider 2 15:18 27 Jan 09

diesel,

It might be an idea to give the reg cleaner in Ccleaner tools a try since this,I think, is an entry in the reg that`s trying to initiate a prog that no longer exists or is badly damaged.

It`s quite gentle and prompts you to make and save the existing registry before you begin and you can always chicken out if need be.

What I have in mind is to run it, then look in the list for any invalid file or folder relating to Windows Installer and remove only that, then see what happens.

If you find you can trust it, and many do, you can always go back and have it remove all the invalid entries it finds.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now