Windows Installer

julas64 22:41 27 Oct 06

I recently had a problem with MS Office and i had to delete the program. I then tried to re-install it but i now keep getting the following message:
The Windows Installer could not be accessed. This can occur if running in safe mode or if windows installer was not correctly installed.
I am not running in safe mode, i've had no problem installing programs until now. I've done a disc check for errors and a defrag and restarted the computer but its still the same. I even tried to download an update for windows installer but this makes no difference.
Has anyone any ideas?

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:18 27 Oct 06

you had to delete MS Office, do you mean you deleted it, or uninstalled it with add/remove?

julas64 00:17 28 Oct 06

sorry i meant uninstalled it with add/remove.

rdave13 02:24 28 Oct 06
  rdave13 02:28 28 Oct 06

Try this link...click here

rdave13 02:38 28 Oct 06

Was on google firefox2 so now will try link from IE7. Appologies for dead links. Here goes.. click here

VoG II 07:33 28 Oct 06

Try click here - remove Office then try installing again.

julas64 10:22 28 Oct 06

i had already tried re-installing windows installer 3.1 but it still didnt work, so i removed the program completely using add/remove programs and then went and installed it from scratch again. Hooray!! it works. Many thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…