Windows Installer

RubyTuesday 12:39 03 May 05

Hello there....each time I either start my pc (Ihave WindowsXP),or click on a programme on my desktop, the Windows Installer starts up and tries to install Microsoft Word 2002! It is driving me to distraction. Can anyone advise me as to how I stop this happening? I have been onto the Microsft site, but the info described for windows installer is so technical that I cant understand it. Thanks in advance.

pauldonovan 13:01 03 May 05

Or just some in particular? Presumably it doesn't go away after one time and you end up not being able to run anything?

It sounds like MSI thinks it has got to finish installing word...

RubyTuesday 13:11 03 May 05

It is with ANY program, and happens without me clicking anything aswell! Even when I have clicked on the cancel button, it still carries on! Funny thing is that I should have the Word programme on my pc, but actually I cannot find it!
My pc came with windows xp already installed on it, so unfortunately I do not have the cd.

Joe R 13:20 03 May 05

RubyTuesday,

this may help you.

click here

RubyTuesday 14:20 03 May 05

Thanks for your help.....will try these options, but for me this is very scary! I am not very good with this sort of thing.....lets hope the Gremlins are watching and they take heed!!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…