Windows Installation Errors Continue..

Verdani 03:07 21 Sep 06

Last topic (for referance, most is covered here): click here

My original problem was the numerous errors appearing during windows installation. I fixed this by getting a SATA HDD rather than putting my optical and HDD on the same IDE cable (there's only one plug on the mobo).

My problems now continue - but in different ways. I got my floppy drive working to install the SATA drivers during Windows installation (thanks to those who helped here: click here), and of course began to install. The drivers install perfectly. I've tried a couple different ones, noth of which I know are supposed to be compatible. The problems arrive when it comes to copying files. Either the process will fail early in the copying with one of numerous errors (there doesn't seem to be a pattern), or files will begin to fail to copy, one by one until it crashes with another error. All errors are terminal (STOPs).

I'm installing Win XP Pro. I've also tried Win XP Home OEM and Vista RC1. All fail in the same general ways.

So what I'm trying to figure out is whether the hardware is compatible with windows, which I really do not doubt it is. The hardware:

MSI P965 Neo Mobo
Corsair XMS2 1GB dual channel 5400 667MHz DDR2 RAM
3D-Fuzion GeForce MX4000 128MB Graphics Card (PCI)
Maxtor 160GB SATA HDD (150mb/s)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6400

I've looked at the Windows Compatibility list. Nothing from Corsair is listed, nothing from Intel's Core 2 Duo series is listed, nothing from 3D-Fuzion is listed, nothing even from Kingston or Crucial is listed, etc - I find it rather useless.

I'm stuck. Again. It's been a week since I got my last components and I've been trying various things ever since, this build, my first one, is ann absolute nightmare. I'd greatly appreciate your input, you've all been great in the past.

xania 09:10 21 Sep 06

click here for a compatability check.

Input Overload 09:51 21 Sep 06

I presume you have two sticks of RAM, have you tried with one stick at a time?

Verdani 13:21 21 Sep 06

Yes, I've tried one at a time - both sticks. The same things happen.

Well, looking through Windows Marketplace, my memory's there, my motherboard isn't (but I find it hard to believe it wouldn't be compatible with Windows), and my video card idn't. Again, though, I find it very hard to believe that any standard hardware would not be compatible with Windows, don't you?

jimv7 13:23 21 Sep 06

Try another cd/dvd drive.

Verdani 15:09 21 Sep 06

I've tried another drive as well. I have a third to try, but it's probably pointless. Thanks for the response.

Verdani 13:05 22 Sep 06

I went through some more atempted installations last night, and recorded the errors.

- PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (0X00000050) (twice)
- DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x000000D1) (twice)
- IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (0x0000000A)
- 0x0000008E (to do with setupdd.sys)
- 0x0000007F

Those were all during copying files. THese were before that point, while loading files and starting the utility:

- BAD_SYSTEM_CONGIF_INFO
- 0x0000007E

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now