Windows Install Clean Up

Halmer 10:10 23 Apr 06

There is a link to this via Start/All Progs on my new Compaq PC.

When I run it it brings up a list of Installed Products with an option to delete. Does anyone know what this is please?

Halmer 10:11 23 Apr 06

"C:\Program Files\Windows Installer Clean Up\msicuu.exe"

MichelleC 10:15 23 Apr 06

I've been looking for this, thanks. It cleans up Windows progs which have been uninstalled but have left files, plus clean uninstalls any progs which show up in list.

Halmer 10:19 23 Apr 06

click here

Wonder if it will aid me to reinstall Windows Defender?

VoG II 14:03 23 Apr 06

click here

Why do you need to reinstall Defender?

Halmer 20:04 24 Apr 06

I had installed then uninstalled Defender a while ago due to an unrelated issue. I then reinstalled Defender when I realised that it wasn't this software that was causing the problem that I had. However, I then got the same problem as a number of people i.e. it kept telling me that the definitions were old, even tho' I had updated them.

I tried a number of fixes advocated on this site without success so I uninstalled it again.

Running Windows Install Cleanup and deleting the definitions (that were still sitting there)has allowed me to reinstall Defender and get it working propelry again with up to date defintions.

Hope that this makes sense!

VoG II 20:11 24 Apr 06

Yes, understood Halmer.

I hope that MS get Defender sorted out. I've also had this updates issue on two PCs. Grr!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…