windows hotfix+fatal error

carlinglover 14:08 04 Apr 04

my neighbour (who is even more niaive on pcs than i am) took the advice of a drunkern friend and deleted all her windows hotfixes from add/remove progs and since shutting down for the night cannot start up her pc and has the msg of fatal error you have x amount of seconds to shut down etc...
is there anywaywe can help her fix this major mess up...
im not sure if it is to do with the wins hotfixes but any ideahow to fix the fatal error problem?
thanks for any help offered

fuzzyone 14:13 04 Apr 04

carlinglover,

Tell her when re-booting to continously tap the f8 key, and when the menu appears, select last known good configuration, and press enter.

VoG II 14:16 04 Apr 04

Is this RPC Remote procedure call\NT Authotity system when online?

If so she has got the Blaster virus.

First, Start, Run and type

shutdown -a

and click OK. This will give you more time.

Disable System Restore click here

Next, get the MS Patch. Without it you'll be reinfected every time you connect: click here

Then run either Stinger click here or the Norton removal tool click here or Microsoft's tool click here

When all is OK again, re-enable System Restore.

carlinglover 14:19 04 Apr 04

vog... i have no idea wot you just said there could you pls put it in idiots terms for me thanks

VoG II 14:23 04 Apr 04

If she has removeed the DCOM vulnerability fix she coulf have got the Blaster virus click here

Does this shutting down timer happen when on line or just on a blue screen?

carlinglover 14:45 04 Apr 04

vog ... she cant even get online most msgs are now saying.."paths not found or files not found"
god knows what else she deleted

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…