WINDOWS Hibernate + standby problem

novis 16:20 25 Mar 06

My computer will neither hibernate nor go on standby - it just hangs with a notice that it is preparing to standby and then never does. I have to unplug it to shut it down.

How can I restore this function?

I have a Sony Vaio 512mb/80gb and run Windows XP Pro.

I am not technically minded so simple language
would facilitate comprehension.

Thanks.

polish 18:54 25 Mar 06

not sure what the problem is it could be a few things but it might be worth doing a search at microsoft.com they might have the answers for you

Stuartli 18:59 25 Mar 06

Have you checked the configuration from Start>Control Panel>Power Options?

novis 19:06 25 Mar 06

There is an error message in Power Options informing me that the UPS service is currently stopped. I don't know what this means or if it is relevant. Everything else seems normal - but I wouldnt know. When the Windows software was first installed everything worked ok.

Lettervanman 21:23 25 Mar 06

Do you have a powered hub? Sometimes but not every time my pc will hang at this point,but switching off the hub allows it to continue and hibernate.

Hertz Van Rentyl 22:06 25 Mar 06

After you click on the Start/Turn off computer, if you press shift this changes the standby button to hibernate on a system without the "Hibernate" button, wondered if it might help with your problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…