Windows Help & Support

WightRob 22:54 03 Mar 11

Does anyone else find this scenario irritating?
I want to work out how to do something in Windows (any flavour) so I go to Help and Support and do a search. If I am lucky, the subject may be included in the list of largely irrelevant hits.
The problem comes with the way the help works. Normally a hyperlink takes me to the relevant place. This is OK if I only want to do perform the function once but if it is something I wish to repeat e.g. Set a Restore Point, I want to know the direct way to the function without going through Help every time. (By the way I have worked this out for System Restore but it happens with almost every other new function I try to use).

lotvic 01:14 04 Mar 11

If you are looking in Help and Support to learn how to do the functions maybe it would be better to use the Index instead of doing a search.
Click on 'Index' in the top bar and then choose from the list and then click on 'Display' button at the bottom.
Further info menu is also displayed if you then click on 'Locate in Contents'

When it comes to the doing of the function you could have a look in Start > 'Control Panel' which is where some of the functions are and also Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools - which is where System Restore is.
You can rightclick on (for example) System Restore and then choose 'Create a Shortcut' which you can then drag onto your desktop if you want.

If you have a lot of functions you want access to easily you could then create a folder on your desktop and drag your 'new' shortcuts into it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac