Windows Help Files - Small Fonts

Pesala 11:36 17 Sep 03

I've tried changing various Windows appearance settings and Internet Explorer font sizes, but the fonts in many of my help files are still to small.

Large = 10 point

Normal = 8 point

Small = 6 point

Even the large print is hard for me to read. How can I increase these font sizes?

Pesala 11:38 17 Sep 03

Sorry, I forgot to mention

Pesala 14:58 17 Sep 03

{~_~)

Wak 15:46 17 Sep 03

I don't know if this will help but in win 98SE the size of the font in the Help files is governed by the size of the text set in Internet Explorer.
Go to IE, View and alter the Text size.

Pesala 19:51 19 Sep 03

I tried that before posting my question. It affect the size of fonts in Windows Help, but not in help for other applications - or that is my experience. I have looked at several different help files, and all of them seem to use very small fonts.

Wak 10:46 20 Sep 03

In Win 98SE and using Internet Explorer, if you go to View and alter the Text size to LARGEST, this will alter the size of the text in the RIGHT hand panel of the IE Help files. The text in the LEFT panel remains the same as before.
Altering the size of the text in IE does alter the size of the Text in Outlook Express BUT only when PRINTING out the E-mails. (It does in my system, anyway.)
There is also info regarding Font sizes in the Registry under HK Current User and HK Current Config. Maybe comparing the sizes you have in the Registry with someone else's listings might throw some light on the problem??

Pesala 00:10 04 Oct 03

Desktop Properties, Settings, Advanced, Display, Large Fonts. I wonder why this is so well hidden?

Anyway the problem is resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…