Windows; HD to SSD w/o formatting HD

Swinginking 01:05 19 Aug 14

Ok, so here is my set up, I have 1x2 Terabytes Hard drives (hybrid) and a SSD with about 80GB free space (formatted).

The problem is, I have about 1.5 terabytes of files on my HD. But I want to boot my windows from the SSD not the HD.

So could I possibly install a copy of windows on the SSD, boot in to it and then "delete" windows from the HD without formatting it?

Or is there some sort of workaround for me

Thanks

alanrwood 09:27 19 Aug 14

You can re-install Windows on the SSD but it will then require that you reinstall all your programs as the Registry files will be recreated and all your previous settings will be gone.

Swinginking 02:54 20 Aug 14

So then how would I get rid of the windows on HD? just delete?

alanrwood 08:52 20 Aug 14

Yes, you can delete the files but it would probably be cleaner to save your important files to another drive and reformat/repartition the old drive after which you can copy the important files back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…