windows has blocked this software help

ROB.R 11:19 05 Feb 06

windows has blocked this software because it cant verify the publisher.

name sw.cab

publisher unknown.

it used to work but not now i have not chainged anything on my sons pc please help. he is using windows xp.help please he is giving me gip

PaulB2005 11:20 05 Feb 06

What EXACTLY happened?

ROB.R 11:26 05 Feb 06

it just says that windows has blocked this siteMMORPG in Sherwood - Free Massive Multiplayer Web Game .but my sons girlfriend plays on it and my son used to

ROB.R 11:32 05 Feb 06

windows has blocked this software because it cant verify the publisher.

name sw.cab

publisher unknown.

Forum Editor 11:34 05 Feb 06

it sounds as if your son's browser is blocking an ActiveX and/or Shockwave download because it can't verify the publisher.

You should be presented with an option to run the download anyway, provided you're happy about the source. You can do this in Internet Explorer by clicking on the yellow-coloured band underneath the normal toolbar.

Stuartli 11:36 05 Feb 06

Try reinstalling Shockwave.

ROB.R 11:45 05 Feb 06

but it still came up with windows has blocked this software because it cant verify the publisher.

name sw.cab

publisher unknown.

Forum Editor 11:54 05 Feb 06

Just try this:-

1. Go to 'Start', and click on Control Panel. Then click on 'Administrative tools'.

2. Double-click on 'Services'.

3. Right-click Cryptographic Services (in the right-hand panel), and then click Properties.

4. Check that 'Automatic' is showing in the 'Startup type' box; if it isn't, select it from the drop-down options and then click the 'Start' button, further down.

Now see what happens, and let us know.

ROB.R 12:20 05 Feb 06

thank you all it is fixed now thanks a lot

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant