Windows Genuine Advantage problem, any suggestions

rickf 17:44 26 Aug 09

Hi All,
My son who is at Uni has just had WGA message on his comp. I know for a fact that the XP OS is in fact genuine as I bought it and installed it for him about a year ago. Even went thru' the activation process with MS. He has been off the internet since May'cause of the Summer vacation. Whilst at UNI he was connected via the UNi internet service. He is now out of residence and sharing a house with mates. Connected to the net today via Virgin and the WGA message now has come up. What are his options as he is worried about being cut off. Reactivate again perhaps but how?
Thanks for any advice forthcoming.

GaT7 17:47 26 Aug 09

See the steps at click here under 'I Have A Legal Copy of Windows XP, but My Computer Still Fails Validation, What Now?'. G

rickf 18:03 26 Aug 09

Thanks Crossbow, that was quick

HondaMan 18:56 26 Aug 09

Have a look here. That should cure his problems!
click here

lotvic 00:02 27 Aug 09

The 'blue star' is WGA Notification. (nothing to do with validation)

go to majorgeeks.com 'removewga' a programme that you can download and remove the blue star that is in your bottom right hand corner click here

gengiscant 03:22 27 Aug 09

useful

omysai 07:42 27 Aug 09

Great

rickf 11:46 27 Aug 09

Thanks people.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…